Installing Height Adjustors
One of the main questions that we get asked by customers is how to properly install the height adjustors for the vibration isolators that they purchase from us. Each height adjustor kit has 5 pieces included. Here is a brief description on how these are designed:
- Thread the bolt down into the mount. Ideally, you should thread it down to where it is flush with the opening on the bottom of the mount. The notched end of the bolt should be facing up away from the vibration isolator.
- Place the flat washer down over the bolt flush on the top over your vibration isolator.
- Next thread the locking nut down over the bolt with the wrench grip end facing down toward the mount. Use the wrench grip to lock the bolt into place on the mount.
- Thread the larger, adjusting, nut down over your locked nut. This will be where your engine/engine bracket will sit. Pay close attention to the recommended adjusting height listed on the in depth instruction guide linked below.
- Finally, you will lock down your application with the nylon locking nut
The height adjustor kits that you order now may differ slightly from what you are replacing. Design changes have been made to eliminate common mistakes in the installation process as well as provide a stronger setup. The HAD style of adjustor has been designed to properly handle added thrust involved with marine engine mounts.
For more detailed information, you can view the following links:
Installation guide for HA/HAD kits
Installation guide for Metalastik Cushyfloat Vibration Isolators