Here is a glimpse of the genset. The size alone suggested that many calculations be made in order to accurately place and select the vibration isolators that will achieve the most vibration control.
The mounts that were chosen were Novibra RAEM 2500 B. RAEM is a universal mounting for applications demanding maximum isolation. It is a further development of Novibra's RA™, where EM stands for “extra movement”. Suitable for both light and heavy machines. For normal speeds of approx. 1500rpm the Novibra RAEM™ type provides a degree of isolation of 85-95%, and gives good isolation with low frequency machines.
Its unique construction and the latest production methods make Novibra® type RAEM™ a high performance mounting having a number of advantages:
- Rubber features are utilized effectively combining compression and shear.
- Wide load rating options, 10-3400kg.
- Corrosion protected to cope with arduous environments on land or marine applications (Fe/Zn8C as per ISO2081).
- Fitted as standard with an integral fail-safe design with resilient stop, making RAEM ideal for use on mobile or
- marine applications. The mounts can accommodate occasional shock loads. The mount will withstand shock
- loads up to 2g without plastic deformation.
- Clear and durable product marking so that mountings canbe identified even after several years in operation.
- Domed shape cover to protect against oil contamination.
A total of 14 mounts were used to isolate each genset. We were able to achieve a very high degree of vibration control for these units. Mission Sales and Supply was very please to be a part of this project. If you need help with an application such as this, please give us a call, we would love to help. Here is a look at the installed final product.